[pmwiki-users] Global Header (or footer) in PMWiki - location

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Dec 10 06:17:16 CST 2006

On 12/10/06, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Sunday, December 10, 2006, 6:05:12 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
> > 1) I have a small zapdata form which I want to appear on every page site
> > wide. It acts to display the data that was previously enter on that page or
> > is empty if none was entered on that page.
>
> Here is maybe a better way:
> Use a new site.AllGroupHeader page, which will be included on top of
> any GroupHeader pages, on top of content area.
> Define this in config.php:
>
> # add Site.AllGroupHeader page
> $GroupHeaderFmt =
>  '(:include $SiteGroup.AllGroupHeader:)(:nl:)'
>  .'(:include $Group.GroupHeader:)(:nl:)';
>
> Then create Site.AllGroupHeader and add
>
> (:include Main.ToDoEntry:)
>
> Ideally you wan to show Main.ToDoEntry only if your page has no
> content, or a  certain content only? You may be able to include
> (:include Main.ToDoEntry:) in a conditional on some page content
> criteria (which i don't know):
>
> (:if enabled $SomeVariable:)(:include Main.ToDoEntry:)(:if:)
>
> or something along this line.

My guess is Sivaka would like something like a little menu bar in the
AllGroupHeader with a couple options like:

[[New ToDo]] | [[Edit ToDo]] | [[Delete ToDo]] | [[Search ToDos]] etc...

And then when one or various other options are clicked, the
appropriate form comes up.  If this is what you have in mind, I could
show you how to do that.  Hans suggestion to put it in the
AllGroupHeader is probably the way to go for this.

If I'm missing what you have in mind, you could maybe explain exactly
what you want in that section of your page....

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  Hans, is there a way to disable that part of the skins with
something lik (:noAllGroupHeader:) or are we locked into it for every
page?  I also suspect there are pages Sivaka won't want this showing
up, and would like to disable it.  Or perhaps even better, he might
like to set it so it only shows up in groups like:

TODOS-Project1, TODOS-Project2.

Can that be done somehow?  Sivaka, is this what you want?