[pmwiki-users] Page Titles with Spaces

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:40:07 CST 2006

On 12/7/06, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> I'm seeing this peculiar behavior where PMwiki is generating a space in
> the link text of default page titles.
>
> create link:
>
> TODOs-LandManagement.test
>
> OK, we get the normal question mark for non-existent page... click
> on the  link to create the new page and we have group name in the page
> title... with a space in it.
>
> TOD Os-LandManagement
>
> Skin: Gemini. Though I doubt the  skin is the problem as I've seen this
> before in earlier version of PMwiki, though I don't have a recipe for
> how to make it happen.
>
> What's also strange is: the source HTML of output maintains the proper URL

> Only the link text has the space...

That's the normal behaviour.  The wiki breaks words in in-fixed
upper-case letters.  Where you have a string, it intelligently
construes them as an acronym, followed by a new word which begins with
an upper-case letter.  Imaging a page or group named AIDSAwareness.
The wiki would break it:  AIDS Awareness, as you'd expect and require.

If TODO in your example is meant to refer to things that need to be
done, make it ToDos-LandManagement.  If it's an acronym, maybe
TODOS-LandManagement or TODO-LandManagement would be an acceptable
work-around?