[pmwiki-users] Page Titles with Spaces

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Dec 7 14:20:14 CST 2006

On 12/7/06, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/7/06, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> > I'm seeing this peculiar behavior where PMwiki is generating a space in
> > the link text of default page titles.
> >
> > create link:
> >
> > TODOs-LandManagement.test
> >
> > OK, we get the normal question mark for non-existent page... click
> > on the  link to create the new page and we have group name in the page
> > title... with a space in it.
> >
> > TOD Os-LandManagement
> >
> > Skin: Gemini. Though I doubt the  skin is the problem as I've seen this
> > before in earlier version of PMwiki, though I don't have a recipe for
> > how to make it happen.
> >
> > What's also strange is: the source HTML of output maintains the proper URL

> > Only the link text has the space...
>
> That's the normal behaviour.  The wiki breaks words in in-fixed
> upper-case letters.  Where you have a string, it intelligently
> construes them as an acronym, followed by a new word which begins with
> an upper-case letter.  Imaging a page or group named AIDSAwareness.
> The wiki would break it:  AIDS Awareness, as you'd expect and require.
>
> If TODO in your example is meant to refer to things that need to be
> done, make it ToDos-LandManagement.  If it's an acronym, maybe
> TODOS-LandManagement or TODO-LandManagement would be an acceptable
> work-around?

You might want to experiment some and make sure you use page and group
names that look good when you space them.  In otherwords, on one of
those pages you might try these two page variables:

{$Name}
{$Namespaced}

Notice the difference.  I suspect you are going to want to use these
in your pagelists for your various projects.  So plan ahead by
choosing good group and page names.

Cheers,
Caveman