[pmwiki-users] Google Analytics

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Aug 25 16:59:32 CDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Marc Cooper <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> > PmWiki.org has long had a PayPal donation button.  Does the word
> > 'donation' make it non-commercial?
>
> Nope, because there's no buying and selling involved - except your soul,
> when you use Paypal.

I beg to differ.  If PM was your friend, but wasn't producing PmWiki -
would you just give him money?

And I see politics creeping in again.  I don't think any law of
commerce would govern the selling of your soul.

> > To my mind, "commercial" means exchanging (or attempting to) money for
> > an agreed service or product.
>
> No, commerce is just buying and selling - although it used to me having
> sex, years back ;-)

Ah, we'll have to agree to disagree on all this.  Using Google
Analytics, after all, is neither buying nor selling.

Sigh!

--
Allister