[pmwiki-users] Blogging support?

IchBin weconsul at ptd.net
Fri Aug 25 13:45:06 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:19:55PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
>> Even though I do not have any recipe to contribute to this wiki. It
>> seems that this newsgroup is all about. I thought that this group was
>> for users and not just developers of recipes for PmWiki. I am really
>> happy that Blogging will be included for PmWiki.  I am not sure what to
>> do about the simple questions, I have had in the past, about the current
>> recipes that are now apart of PmWiki now. I seem to be somewhat
>> discouraged by no response by my questions on current recipes.
>
> My apologies that no-one has responded.  I've gone back and checked
> the archives for your questions, and you apparently had questions
> regarding displaying of thumbnails and the DownloadManager recipe.
>
> As far as the message on displaying thumbnails, mea culpa.  I was
> out of town for two weeks when your message arrived and it got
> overlooked when I returned.  If you're still having trouble with
> that, send me the markup you're having trouble with (or build an
> example page in the Test group on pmwiki.org) and I'll be very
> glad to help.
>
> As for the DownloadManager recipe, I think it's important to note
> that the recipes aren't directly a part of PmWiki -- they're
> community-contributed "add ons".  Some recipes get orphaned --
> the original contributor posts the recipe and then disappears --
> and in these cases there's nobody left to be able to answer
> questions about the recipe.  This appears to be what has happened
> to DownloadManager... it hasn't been updated since January 2006
> (even though there have been questions), and when your question
> went to the list there was nobody around who could answer it.
>
> We may need to mark the DownloadManager recipe as "abandoned"
> or in need of someone to maintain it.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Pm

Just wondering if the 'DownloadManager' recipe has been marked
"abandoned" or if someone has picked up support for this recipe?

I have emailed the owner two times in the last month and a half with no
response. That recipe could not be that difficult to maintain. I would
shoot the error and maintain it but I am a Java programmer just trying
to absorb PHP as fast as I can.

One question I have about debugging recipes. Is it possible that I could
use a PHP IDE that has an interactive debugger to step thru the recipe.
I have not sat down and tried to do that yet. I currently use Eclipse
PHP, PHPEdit and PHP Designer products.

--
Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA              http://weconsultants.phpnet.us