[pmwiki-users] Re: emacs pmwiki-mode: getting closer

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun May 8 16:21:27 CDT 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> > So, try the above and get back to me with how it works out.
>
> Thanks for the explanations (and for the code of course!). Your first
> example works very well now. Your second "mysite:" example doesn't
> seem to work for me yet. Emacs complains about some "empty URI" or
> such. I'll look into it later. Can't be too hard to figure out...

Ooops, I'm sorry. Turns out it wasn't as simple as I though. If this idea
of being able to define your own shortcuts seems useful to you I could
however probably make it work. (The problem is that pmwiki-mode checks for
a valid URI with a group/pagename). This would work however:

      '("http://chr\\(/[A-Z]\\|\\?\\)"
	"http://chr"
	"http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/pmwiki.php")

> I'll post your fix to the pmwiki as suggested, o.k.?

That'd be great!  (Guess all the pages should be moved to a separate group
called 'Pmwiki-mode' or something for consistency).

> Its great to be able to edit the content with emacs. This interface is
> so much faster for editing content (and I have all the
> lisp/scheme... support right at hand for customization).

Thanks! It's a pity I don't have time to work on it much these days. The
syntax colouring should really be updated for pmwiki-2 for one...

cheers
/Christian