[pmwiki-users] Colors defined in localconfig.php

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 31 08:23:50 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 02:09:31PM +0100, Rob Fisher wrote:
> I have defined some new color tags in my config.php using the following
> code...
>
> $WikiStyle['ltred']['color'] = '#ff6666';
>
> This allows me to color text very simply using the %ltred% tag (and this
> works) - BUT if I create a table (I am using the Advanced method) and set
> a cell background with my new color I get odd results...
>
> The code...
>
> (:table:)
> (:cell bgcolor=red:)This is original Red
> (:cellnr bgcolor=ltred:)This is Light Red
> (:cellnr bgcolor=%ltred%:)This is Light Red
> (:tableend:)
>
> The result...
> Cell 1 appears as expected - the background is pure red.
> Cell 2 appears with a black background and the contents read " '
> valign='top'>This is Light Red " (without the outer quotes)
> Cell 3 appears with a Blue background
>
> Can anyone explain this odd behaviour?

The colors that appear in (:cell:) and (:table:) tags aren't
WikiStyle colors; they're translated directly into HTML attributes.
As a result, most browsers won't understand bgcolor='ltred'
(although they do understand bgcolor='red', since 'red' is a
well-defined color).

The problem with cell #2's contents above is a bug in beta54, which
I believe is fixed in beta55.

At present there's not a way to mix wikistyles and advanced tables,
although we could perhaps see about adding one.