[Pmwiki-users] Re: Typesetting math -- experience using PmWiki

chr@home.se chr
Thu Sep 16 02:51:45 CDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Heh. With the advent PmWiki 2, I now have a long term goal of adding a
> > 'Typeset' button to a trail page and turning wiki markup directly into
> > TeX. This would then allow anyone with a web browser to publish a book.
> > Which may or may not be a good thing.
>
> Excellent idea.

I agree. I've been wanting such a functionality for a while (forgot about
it before actually). It could have been a partial substitute for the
private/public problems, allowing a set of pages to be exported as PDF.

> > >From my initial reading of PmWiki 2, it is possible to replace the
> > stdmarkup.php file, which controls wiki to HTML translation.
>
> Indeed, in PmWiki 2 it should be possible to translate Wiki markup
> into many different markup forms.  I've gotten rid of nearly all of
> the hard-coded stuff from the pmwiki.php code and put it into the
> Markup() table.  :-)

Hmm.. so for my *long* term plans of allowing LyX to edit wiki pages, I
could theoretically add an 'action=lyx' which would export as .lyx. I
still need to go the other way of course, i.e. taking LyX output and
putting it onto a wiki page. Are there any plans for adding import
filters?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr