[Pmwiki-users] Re: notifications

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Sep 15 16:36:38 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 16 September 2004 12:09 AM, chr at home.se wrote:

>It would be nice being able to add a directive directly to the page in
>question, or to a separate (group specific?) page that controls this
>behaviour. I've found that when I have to do it using config.php it feels
>like too much of a bother, so I don't do it.

Depends what you want to do. We wrote an extension for one of our
wikis that lets you do the following:

- suppose there are some pages you are interested in tracking

- you add a directive to each page, along the lines of (PmWiki 1)

    =notify {{Christian}}

- every time one of these pages gets updated, the page
  Notify.Christian is updated (think Christian's personal
  RecentChanges page)

- you could Notify.Christian?action=rss (I think...)

- the =notify {{Christian}} is rendered in browse as

    <<|{{Christian}}|>>

  so you get a trail through your pages of interest

- we use it for assigning keywords to pages and tracking
  which pages use what keywords

Is that sort of what you want to do? If so, I can add it
to the Cookbook.

--
JR