[Pmwiki-users] Re: Typesetting math -- experience using PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Sep 15 17:09:35 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:25:32AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 September 2004 7:26 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
> >On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> >
> >> chr at home.se wrote:
> >
> >The math syntax isn't so bad. Caveat: Since I wrote my thesis using LyX I
> >never actually used it. One of my *long* term goals is to enable LyX to
> >edit wiki pages -- entering math would then be trivial since LyX's math
> >editor is amazing.
>
> Heh. With the advent PmWiki 2, I now have a long term goal of adding a
> 'Typeset' button to a trail page and turning wiki markup directly into
> TeX. This would then allow anyone with a web browser to publish a book.
> Which may or may not be a good thing.

Excellent idea.

> >From my initial reading of PmWiki 2, it is possible to replace the
> stdmarkup.php file, which controls wiki to HTML translation.

Indeed, in PmWiki 2 it should be possible to translate Wiki markup
into many different markup forms.  I've gotten rid of nearly all of
the hard-coded stuff from the pmwiki.php code and put it into the
Markup() table.  :-)