[Pmwiki-users] User problems when uploading files

Nils Knappmeier nk
Mon Jun 14 13:11:48 CDT 2004

Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

>Has anyone experience with using a public FTP-server to let users upload
>files?

Someone in our departement  set up the webserver for our 30th
anniversary a couple of years ago.
He registered the domain, set up the computer and accidently left a
public ftp open. Two days later, the computer was full of stolen software...

Nils

>/Christian

home: http://www.dike.de/~nknapp
icq: 11786572

The great thing about being the only species that makes
a distinction between right and wrong is that we can
make up the rules for ourselves as we go along.

Douglas Adams, Last Chance To See...