[Pmwiki-users] User problems when uploading files

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Jun 14 03:02:33 CDT 2004

Hi

I'd like some ideas on how the process of uploading (and to some extent
accessing) files can be improved. This is probably more of a problem with
my UploadExtended where files may be uploaded to subdirectories, but I
suspect that the process in general could be uploaded.

The reason I bring this up is that a user just managed to upload a file
giving it a name like:

	/LyX/http:/wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/uploads/LyX/dir/somefile.txt

when it should have been 'dir/somefile.txt' or alternatively
'/LyX/dir/somefile.txt'. Also note that this user is an experienced C++
programmer and developer...

I've also noticed cases where a file has accidentally gotten an extra
space in the beginning (the user typed ' file.txt' instead of 'file.txt').

Ideas/suggestions?

Has anyone experience with using a public FTP-server to let users upload
files?

/Christian