[Pmwiki-users] Possible Bug (While editing PmWiki.Install)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat Feb 21 07:06:09 CST 2004

I was updating the PmWiki.Install page (on my local computer).

Not sure if this is a script bug, server bug, or computer bug.

For the sake of simplicity, I won't post all the details.  Let just say if I do the following:

1) click the EditPage link on the PmWiki.Install page
2) make any small change, then save the page
3) I get an error (page not found or something)

If I do the following:

1) click the EditPage link
2) cut and paste whole page to memory
3) delete whole page
4) enter the words "test" on the page
5) save the page

It works fine ..

6) EditPage again
7) Select All, Erase All
8) paste text from original page back
9) Save (or Preview) page

I get the error again.

It's just plain wierd behaviour.

I'm running WinXP, and the latest version of OmniSecure webserver.  I've been running PmWiki for nearly a month with no majour problems.  This bug (?) is just plain weird.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I haven't tried this on the Main PmWiki server because I do all my posting off-line due to the high-cost of Internet.  I'll leave it up to somebody else (with lots of free time, and broadband) to test whether this is a problem with that particular page, or just a problem local to my system.

--S