[Pmwiki-users] Re: "templating" or how to layout PmWiki

Pascal Brück mail
Sat Feb 21 07:23:56 CST 2004

Am Samstag, 21. Februar 2004 14:50 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
> Currently PmWiki has three methods for layout customization:
>  1.  One can do a section-oriented layout (wikilogo, wikihead,
> wikifoot, etc.) with $PageLayoutFmt and $PageSkin.
>  2.  One can do a variable-based layout using $PageHeaderFmt,
> $PageFooterFmt, $PageTitleFmt, etc.
>  3.  One can override the whole thing using $HandleBrowseFmt,
> $HandleEditFmt, etc.

I think i made heavy use of all of these options ;)
Sometimes i'm a little confused how they work together. For example
i first created my own $HandleBrowseFmt with modified
$HTMLStartFmt, $PageFooterFmt and $HTMLEndFmt. I was quite exited
about the posibilties. But after changing to the edit action
everthing got messed up.

So i'm greping the code to figure out how all the $Handle...Fmts get
build. Couldn`t find any detailed description in the docu so. If
there is, i would be very happy i somebody points me to it :o)

Thanks, especially for PmWiki

Pascal