[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Math->image using LaTeX (was Re: More blue skye stuff...)

Robin Sheat robin
Fri Feb 6 01:43:42 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:21:06AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Isn't it [\ \] or something like that? Oh well, inline is what we should
> start with anyway.
Now you've jogged my memory: \[ ... \]

> Just a "neatness"-feeling, i.e. making something that is guaranteed to not
> produce false positives as compared to just very likely...
Problem is that those ways are pretty slow, as you will need to have
some non-filesystem searching going on, i.e. some kind of mini-database
for all your LaTeX that links it to the image file. You'd then have to
search through that to find the one that matches the one you are looking
for. Or you could base64 encode the LaTeX and use that as the filename,
but I'm not going to consider that ;)

(Note that these ideas are off the top of my head, it is quite feasible
there are good ones I haven't thought of)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663