[Pmwiki-users] Print view broken (pmwiki 1.0.7)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 27 07:06:28 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:38:18PM +0200, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm experiencing some trouble getting the printable view to work
> properly. [...]
> Look at the links: they are all of the form  [1'>1],  [2'>2], etc...
> Look at where both clickable parts point to. Obviously there is a problem.
>
> Now the weird part: If I disable all the lines of my config.php listed
> above (including $EnablePrint=1), I get the default pmwiki layout but
> printable view is fine. And if I comment out everything but
> $EnablePrint=1, the print view is broken again.
> [...]
> Could this be a bug in the printable view?

Hmm, I don't think it's a bug in printable view itself.  I copied the
same markup text and images to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/JITS/Index
and there everything appears to work just fine, including the printable
view, even with $EnablePrint=1.  So I'm guessing it's an interaction
with some other configuration setting.

Are you loading other cookbook recipes into the system?  (I think I see
wikilog.css loaded in there somewhere.)  Perhaps one of those is causing
things to not work properly under printable view?

Try commenting out any other recipes you may have and see if any of those
correspond to the problem.

> Note also that if I leave $EnablePrint undefined and call ?action=print
> on my page, the printable view specifics (i.e. links fancies) are
> applied, but on my current layout. Maybe this behavior is not desirable,
> i.e. with $EnablePrint undefined or equal to 0, ?action=print should
> have no effet.

No, if $EnablePrint is undefined then that means to take the default
configuration, which is to have printable views enabled.  Setting
$EnablePrint=0; disables printing.