[Pmwiki-users] Markup

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Thu Aug 28 10:55:18 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:39:32AM -0300, Pedro Miller Rabinovitch wrote:

> The example you gave above, using downloadable WYSIWYG (which I'm not a fan
> of, btw) editor modules, etc., could actually be ok, as long as people could
> still use the HTML quick-and-simple interface to write quick-and-simple
> markup, which is what made me fall in love with Wikis in the first place.

I personally share this view.

> I'd unlikely be the one to defend a complex Wiki system. And I'd *NEVER* be
> the one to defend a complex Wiki interface. "Contrairiwise", said Tweedledum,
> "different markup styles available would make it easier for people with
> different preferences co-exist and collaborate. Or do you think the dream is
> yours?"

Yet I still do not see what's wrong with the current markup: it's easy, it's
easily extensible to cover local needs, it is effective. If there is something
that I would leave alone in PmWiki is markup.

cheers,
Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org