[Pmwiki-users] Question regarding setup of webserver. (CORRECTED)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Aug 21 08:46:39 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 04:22:30PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >     AliasMatch ^/([A-Z].*) /file/path/to/pmwiki.php/$1
>
> Just to be *really* sure: You tested this and it works so that you can
> have URI's such as:
> 	http://wiki.somewhere.org/Main/HomePage

Yes.

> You said you tested it on a "local" server... could this break if you
> aren't using a local server? (I mean if you were using file:// or
> something, I'm not familiar with web-servers)

I just tested it on my local webserver because I didn't have a public
webserver handy where I could easily make this change.  But it should
work on any Apache-based installation.

> > > Note that Apache 2.0 installations still need to set "AcceptPathInfo On"
> > > in order for this to work.
>
> Is this relevant for the solution above?

Yes, for those sites running Apache 2.0 or higher.

They're represented as http://wiki.somewhere.org/Main/HomePage .

> Anyway, once this all works, I'll be happy to add some comments about it
> to the documentation. Including a note that this solution blocks access to
> .html-pages where the first file part starts with a captial letter.
>
> I take it that this documentation should go here?
> 	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL

Probably, although that page is getting a bit long.  Since there are
quite a number of different setup possibilities developing, we may need
to refactor the topic into several pages, which could go either in the
PmWiki documentation or else in the Cookbook.

I'm still working on the mod_redirect form of implementing this.