[pmwiki-devel] Admin interface design ideas

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:51:14 CST 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 12:19:48PM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>> [...]
>> Config values should be written to an executable php file (so that they
>> can be changed at the file level as well).
>
> Recipes can do their own thing, but as far as the core is concerned, we
> will _never_ have executable php files in writable directories (much
> less writable, executable php files in writable directories).

I strongly agree with this!

> Still better, since PmWiki already knows how to save nearly arbitrary
> hashes as pages, is to just use the existing PageStore mechanisms.

Could you expand on this?  Perhaps give an example code that stores an
arbitrary value using the PageStore mechanism. And how it's then possible
to avoid this file from being interpreted as a wiki page.

cheers,
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström				Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44