[pmwiki-devel] AuthUser LDAP connection

Michael Brenner mik.admin at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Mar 23 15:04:41 CDT 2007

Hi!

PmWiki has a cascaded call for auth types. This means all types of auth are
used to check ID which you have given in Site.AuthUser or config.php.

For basic questions about LDAP Wikipedia is a good source of knowledge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Directory_Access_Protocol#Directory_structure

ou=department,dc=example,dc=com - limits search to a subsegment of LDAP
database
?cn?sub - for this part of the LDAP-URL is also "?uid" common it specifies
which field is taken as username.

More question? Also send a mail to my personal mail address so I'll better
notice your questions.

Regards - mik