[pmwiki-devel] UpdatePage question / wiki permissions & security

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 27 09:04:22 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 08:16:55AM -0500, Crisses wrote:
>    Does UpdatePage check for whether the current user has edit
>    permissions on a page?

No.  The idea is that the script calling UpdatePage will have
already done that.

>    If not, what would the procedure be?

    # change 'false' to 'true' if you want a password prompt
    $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'edit', false)
    if (!$page) { Abort("You don't have permission to edit $pagename"); }

    # create the new page to be saved
    $new = $page
    $new['text'] = 'new text';

    # Update the page
    UpdatePage($pagename, $page, $new);

>    What are the procedures for checking permissions?

Either use RetrieveAuthPage() as above, or CondAuth()
if a simple permission check is all that is needed:

    if (!CondAuth($pagename, 'read')) {
       ##  browser doesn't have read permissions
       ##  ....
    }

>    I'd like to add the correct information to
>    the Cookbook/DebuggingForCookbookAuthors page.

That'd be great, thanks!