[pmwiki-devel] $DefaultGroup $DefaultPage: PMWiki 2.2.0 beta 13-beta 15

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 15:43:37 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:14:58PM -0500, Craige Leeder wrote:
> After hours of searcing, and numerious tests, I have come to find that
> somwhere between PMWiki 2.2.0 beta 13 and PMWiki 2.2.0 beta 15, code has
> been changed, which is causing conflict with the $DefaultGroup, and
> $DefaultPage configuration variables.
>
> After attempting to change the $DefaultGroup and $DefaultPage for PMWiki
> set up, I realised that they do not seem to be set/aknowledged by PMWiki
> when it is required.
>
> This should be looked into when possible.

If you're using any recipes or scripts (e.g., authuser.php), be
sure to set $DefaultGroup and $DefaultPage before calling any of
those scripts.  Some scripts will call ResolvePageName() to resolve
incomplete pagenames, and $DefaultGroup/$DefaultPage have to be
set before that's done.

If that's not the problem, let us know more details about your setup
and we can see about fixing it.