[pmwiki-users] Internationalizations

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jun 9 00:27:26 PDT 2021

On 09/06/2021 09:09, jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> I'm working on setting a github repo for pmwiki
> https://github.com/jdanield/pmwiki
> I uploaded pmwiki-2.2.139, as indicated :-)

While the GNU GPLv2 allows you to mostly freely modify and redistribute
the software, please do not let anyone believe that this is the official
repo for PmWiki or that development is discussed and done on that
website.

Please add a prominent note that this is, either a read only copy from
2.2.139, or a "fork" that you branched, will maintain and support
independently from the official distribution.

> note: please, do not add or branch anything now to this repo, I'm only
> at the beginning of learning git/github and so I can't promise
> anything as of the quality and even survival of this repo right now
> :-(
>
> wanting to allow Internationalization, I also followed the page
>
> https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation#toc-1.5
>
> but it seems than this pmwiki version have already the necessary code
> (apart the content of the local folder of course)

The list of languages is a pagelist to groups named PmWikiXy or
PmWikiXyZw which look like the language groups pmwiki.org.

PmWiki has the necessary code, but people need to add the PmWikiXy
groups and enable in config.php the language(s) they want for the wiki
or for individual groups of the website.

Also, we process the PmWikiXy files for download to remove page history
and most metadata, so these are not the actual page files from the
pmwiki.org website.

Petko