[pmwiki-users] Intermap with accented link

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Dec 30 04:26:05 PST 2021

Accented characters in Site.InterMap may or may not work. It may depend
on your server locale and PHP version. Normally only "word"-characters
can be used, but in different languages different characters can appear
in words.

The following, added to config.php, appears to work regardless of the
server locale, from a UTF-8 enabled wiki, to a UTF-8 enabled target:

   $LinkFunctions['Littré:'] = 'LinkIMap';
   $IMap['Littré:'] = 'https://www.littre.org/definition/$1';

In your case, both your wiki and the target website are UTF-8 enabled.

Also, config.php must be saved in the UTF-8 encoding (it probably is;
this is selected in the "File-Save As" dialogue box, or on some text
editors from "File-Save With Encoding", or "Tools-Encoding", or
"Tools-Charset").

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades