[pmwiki-users] PmFeed (RSS) error

Robert Riebisch rr at bttr-software.de
Thu Aug 20 06:39:20 PDT 2020

Hi Moni,

> The recipe PmFeed doesn't work, and it's not the feed that causes the
> problem. You can try any feed, such as
>
> https://rss.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Arts.xml
>
> which works fine when I use it in Thunderbird or in Opera with the
> Personal News feature.

Okay.

> I have tested locally with a fresh install of the latest PmWiki with no
> other Cookbook recipes present and no further modifications or content.

So you just copied PmWiki-supplied "docs\sample-config.php" to
"local/config.php" and added include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/pmfeed.php");
at the end of the file?
Did you also create the "pub/cache" directory? Is it writable?

> 1. PHP Version 5.2.9 (Xampp Lite)
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function tidy_repair_string() in
> C:\xampplite\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 600

You probably need "extension=php_tidy.dll" in your PHP.ini file.

> 2. PHP Version 7.4.5 (http://www.uniformserver.com/)
>
> This page isn’t working
> localhost is currently unable to handle this request.
> HTTP ERROR 500

What do the web server and PHP logs say?

> 3. PHP Version 7.4.8 (Xampp)
>
> Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will
> throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
> C:\xampp\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 904
>
> Warning: mb_convert_encoding(): Illegal character encoding specified in
> C:\xampp\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 400

These are warnings only, so "it should work". ;-)

I'll try to setup a clean install here on my Synology DiskStation DS116 now.
pmwiki-2.2.130.zip
https://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/pmfeed.php

My "apache22-error_log" says "thrown in
/volume1/web/pmwiki/cookbook/pmfeed.php on line 577".
Line 577 is "CURL is not installed!".
-> Enabling curl.
Works for me now with "(:pmfeed
feed='https://rss.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Arts.xml':)".

Do /you/ have curl installed and enabled in your PHP config?

Cheers,
Robert
--
              +++ BTTR Software +++