[pmwiki-users] PmFeed (RSS) error

Moni Kellermann kellerfrau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:33:10 PDT 2020

Am 04.08.2020 um 21:17 schrieb Robert Riebisch:
> Hi Moni,
>
> as nobody else responded, I try to get you a little forward.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help! :)

I should have worded my post better.

The recipe PmFeed doesn't work, and it's not the feed that causes the
problem. You can try any feed, such as

https://rss.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Arts.xml

which works fine when I use it in Thunderbird or in Opera with the
Personal News feature.

I have tested locally with a fresh install of the latest PmWiki with no
other Cookbook recipes present and no further modifications or content.

The wiki folder is 22.

I have tested in 3 different local servers, and it doesn't work in any
of them:

1. PHP Version 5.2.9 (Xampp Lite)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tidy_repair_string() in
C:\xampplite\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 600

2. PHP Version 7.4.5 (http://www.uniformserver.com/)

This page isn’t working
localhost is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

3. PHP Version 7.4.8 (Xampp)

Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will
throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
C:\xampp\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 904

Warning: mb_convert_encoding(): Illegal character encoding specified in
C:\xampp\htdocs\22\cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 400

moni k.