[pmwiki-users] Content of pages not shown anymore in view mode after upgrade

Reiner Buehl reiner at buehl.net
Sat Aug 31 15:29:53 PDT 2019

Hi Petko,

thanks for the help. I did what you suggested and could identify this
line in config.php causing both the errors in the apache log and the
disapearing of the content:

include_once("cookbook/AdvancedTableDirectives.php");

Is this cookbook on the list that will be fixed?

Best regards,
Reiner

Am 2019-09-01 00:04, schrieb Petko Yotov:
> It is likely that your hosting provider changed the PHP version (or
> you changed providers), because there are no dramatic changes between
> 2.2.86 and 2.2.118.
>
> This almost certainly comes from older recipes/addons or skin which
> instruct pmwiki.php to perform a replacement that is no longer
> supported by recent PHP versions.
>
> See the page  http://www.pmwiki.org/Troubleshooting
>
> There can be different causes for page or page/section blanking, and
> for the "deprecated" warnings, documented in that page.
>
> How to find which addons cause the messages and the blanking of the
> pages:
> * disable all skins and addons,
> * get the most recent version of every addon/recipe/module/skin you
> use (read release notes),
> * enable the addons one after another to see what works.
>
> If you have any difficulty please report. We are in the process of
> fixing all addons for PHP 7, if you need some that are not fixed we'll
> do them first.
>
> Petko
>
> --
> If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades
>

> On 31/08/2019 23:50, Reiner Buehl wrote:
>> after an upgrade from 2.2.86 to 2.2.118, my PMwiki instance doesn't
>> show any content anymore in regular view. If I switch to edit mode, I
>> can still see the PMwiki notation of the content that should be there
>> but in view mode, I only see the sidebar, headers and footers but the
>> content area stays empty.
>>
>> In the Apache error.log, I see many lines like this:
>>
>> PHP Warning:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported,
>> use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
>> line 1790
>>
>> What could I do to get the content visible again?

Reiner Bühl                          Internet:
Karlstrasse 3                        reiner at buehl.net
70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Germany