[pmwiki-users] GDPR

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:56:20 PDT 2018

(I forgot to answer to the end of the point)

> Anyone else have particular GDPR-related needs? Can anyone think of other places user information is potentially collected (even IP address, etc.) and cookies set?

An easy one: The web server itself (through its own cookie handling
configuration and its access/error log files).
But, according to your specific hosting architecture (eg. shared
web-only solutions), you could not always deal with these as you like!

Anyway, IMHO, and according to
https://www.demandlab.com/insights/blog/dont-get-caught-with-your-hand-in-the-gdpr-cookie-jar/
This should easily be solved with a wiki page of explanations on local
cookie usage and some clever use of the HttpVariables cookbook recipe
in order to track an set a persistent cookie flag controlling their
display.