[pmwiki-users] IP change

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun Apr 5 01:26:49 CDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Jont Allen <jontalle at illinois.edu> wrote:

> It was necessary that I change the URL (and IP address) of my wiki. Now
> all the references seem to point at the old URL.
> For example, each of the files in
> /www/wiki/wiki.d/
> such as
> /www/wiki/wiki.d/Main.HomePage
>
> Is there some simple automatic way to change the old URL out, and replace
> it with the new URL?

If you created links on your page using the [[Page]] or [[Group.Page]]
markup then you should not have to make any changes besides correct
configuration of pmwiki.

If you created links on your pages using the [[
http://www.example.com/wiki/Main.HomePage]] (note that I did not include
"wiki.d" - that should never be part of the URL!) then you will need to
edit any pages with a link like that if you change the URL location of your
wiki. You can do this by editing the pages with vi or sed, as you
mentioned, but then (I think) you'll have to delete your .pageindex file to
make sure it gets updated. Or, if you use the wiki interface itself then
the updating of your pageindex will happen automatically.

*OR* you could set up .htaccess to automatically redirect anything from
http://www.xample.com/wiki/* to http://www.example.com/newwiki/*

In any event, as you move forward I would recommend using the [[Page]] or
[[Group.Page]] markup rather than putting in the whole URL - it lets pmwiki
do what it does so well and avoids problems like this.

-Peter