[pmwiki-users] 4+ links on page preventing saving

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Feb 16 08:40:27 CST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Kyle Newton <kdnewton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something as simple as:
> ---
> [[http://one.com]] [[http://two.com]] [[http://three.com]] [[
> http://four.com]]
> ---
>
> Results in:
> ---
> PmWiki can't process your request
>
> ?invalid page name
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.
> ---

Based on Petko's recent response, I think the next step in debugging is to
find out what page you are being sent to.  In order to do this you will
need to make a copy of pmwiki.php (I would copy it to pmwiki.php.orig) and
then edit pmwiki.php.

***
Editing pmwiki.php is STRONGLY discouraged.  For good reason.  Doing so
will cause all your CDs and DVDs to get scratched, all your socks to come
back from the laundry without their mates, and undoubtedly cause you to
forget where you parked your car the next time you go to the airport as
well.  Carry on at your own risk.  (And make sure you have made the backup
and that you restore the backup as soon as you get the requested
information.)
***

On line 653 (or slightly before or slightly after - my copy is slightly out
of date) you will see a line that looks like this:

===(snip)===
    Abort('$[?invalid page name]');

Change that to look like this:

    Abort('$[?invalid page name]'."p=$p, pagename=$pagename");

Then try to save a page with 4 links and let us know the value of $p and
$pagename...

Then, if you value your socks, DVDs, and keys, restore your copy of
pmwiki.php!

-Peter