[pmwiki-users] Problem with RequireAuthor

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Mar 30 04:04:14 CDT 2012

On Thursday 29 March 2012 22:41:52 Didier HALATRE wrote:
> Le 29/03/2012 20:08, tamouse mailing lists a écrit :
> > On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Didier HALATRE<didier.halatre at free.fr>
> >> Hello,
> >> I have installed the last version 2.2.36
> In the documentation, it's in Site.AuthUser.
> I try with SiteAdmin.AuthUser and there is the same result.

The documentation you're looking at is outdated, in 2.2.x, the page is indeed
SiteAdmin.AuthUser (unless you have configured it to be elsewhere). Where is
this documentation? We may have forgotten to update it.

> The login is OK. But the $AuthId is empty :-(

What is your user: password line in SiteAdmin.AuthUser ? Does look like :

  Didier: $1$YTJui2ZN$TMYMiWH3SNo84LJ72ZZ2E

Your admin password or some other passwords set in $DefaultPasswords may allow
you to login without the need to enter a username. In that case, none of these
passwords (for non-username, password only login) should be the same as the
user passwords defined in SiteAdmin.AuthUser.

And, remember to log out of the administrator account before login as a user -
because PmWiki allows to be logged in as both at the same time, but this might
mess with the $AuthId variable.

Last thing I can think of now is the order of lines in config.php. The
inclusion of scripts/authuser.php should be quite early in config.php, before
most other recipes.

Petko