[pmwiki-users] Blank pages

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jun 30 18:09:34 CDT 2012

Petko Yotov writes:
> Christophe Pallier writes:.
>>  Suddenly several pages of my website are blank
> There have been similar reports in earlier versions, and the problem came
> from the recent character recoding functions in PmWiki. It appears that some
> PHP installations don't behave the way they are documented and expected, so
> we need to find them, test them and change PmWiki to deal with them.

I found the problem. In PHP 5.4, the often used function htmlspecialchars()
changed the default encoding to UTF-8. When a page in the (PmWiki default)
encoding ISO-8859-1 contains international characters like "é", they are not
valid for UTF-8 and the function returns an empty string.

This will be fixed for the next version 2.2.40.

Thanks,
Petko