[pmwiki-users] AuthUser problem

Thu Jul 19 19:06:30 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Lars Eighner <surname at larseighner.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Brian Tibbels wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get AuthUser to work on both an existing site and a new one
>> but after having followed the instructions implicitly in
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser I just get
>> "Name/password not recognized" Does the username have to be on a separate
>> line without any formatting? It currently has "->" before it.
>

> The -> is put in front of the examples so they will NOT create users and
> passwords (otherwise when you activate AuthUser anyone could enter an
> example user and password). The -> also makes the examples indented.
>

> To create real users and passwords, enter the username starting at the
> beginning of a line (without a -> ).  Just like the examples, but no -> or
> leading space.
>

>> I'm running version 2.2.39 on a windows server.
>> Everything else bar AuthUser works absolutely fine.
>>
>> Can anyone offer me a solution to this?
>>

> --
> Lars Eighner
> http://www.larseighner.com/index.html
> 8800 N IH35 APT 1191 AUSTIN TX 78753-5266

As I understand it, each user and group is actually a page text var,
which means they have to be in the first column of the line, and no
spaces, etc., followed by a colon (:).

I struggled for quite a while with AuthUser until I finally dug in and
figured it out. Most definitely the quck start guide was a huge help.