[pmwiki-users] Getting google maps api to work with pagelist

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:54:29 CDT 2012

I have a custom pagelist template that looks like this:

(:if false:)
[[#map]]
(:template defaults order=title:)
(:gma-point addr='{{=$FullName}$:address}' text='<a href="http://icare.org/wiki/index.php?n=
{=$FullName}">{=$Titlespaced}</a>' :)

[[#map]]
(:ifend:)

I have a custom page text variable "address" where I define the
address of the people on their own pages. Then I use:

(:gma-map width='90%' ctrl=small,-type:)
(:pagelist if="matchstring '/.+/' '{{=$FullName}$:address}'" group=-
Main fmt=#map:)

for my pagelist on the map page. I noticed I had to edit
GoogleMapsAPI.php in the cookbook directory so that it evaluated
google maps sometime after beginning, but I am not sure where. In
fact, once seems to work, it appears to randomly pick addresses to not
look up. In other words, I get a random subset of addresses that it
cannot interpret and do not show up on the map. I have confirmed that
I can refresh the page and get different addresses up at different
times. It seems to be either random of cyclic (it cycles through
groups of addresses to miss.)

Could anyone suggest a remedy/different solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Alex