[pmwiki-users] Pagelist or Page Variable fail? bug or feature?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 03:20:12 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> this failed:
> (:pagelist name={*$FullName} fmt=#person:)

I'm guessing it has to do with the list=X (you're using default implicitly).

You'll see on page http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists#pagelistlist

===(snip)===
Note that list=normal also excludes the current page.
===(snip)===

Try making list=all

(:pagelist name={*$FullName} fmt=#person list=all:)

If this solves the problem then you either just leave it like that
(easier) or take another look at your setup/initialization of

$SearchPatterns['default']

My guess would be there would be some other initialization there which
is copying stuff from 'normal' or otherwise excluding the current
page.

If that doesn't solve the problem then try going with another fmt=#xyz
which you separately set up and test.  As others have mentioned, if
the pagelist can't find the fmt section then it fails silently.  (Come
to think of it, that would be a good PITS entry -- I don't know how
many times I've banged my head against what I thought was a problem
with my pagelist "logic" when it actually was just a typo in the fmt
-- it would be nice if a missing fmt resulted in some type of error
message...)

-Peter