[pmwiki-users] Pagelist or Page Variable fail? bug or feature?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Feb 7 02:35:36 CST 2012

Oh sorry. Earlier you wrote that :

> [...]

so  I assumed you put the template in the GroupHeader and not in
Site.LocalTemplates.

By "template" I also assumed you ment "pagelist template", the snippet which
is repeated for every page in the pagelist.

If your template [[#person]]...[[#personend]] is in GroupHeader, you need to
use fmt=GroupHeader#person. If it is in Site.LocalTemplates, you should be
able to use fmt=#person unless the browsed page contains a [[#person]] anchor
-- in that case, use fmt=Site.LocalTemplates#person.

The fmt=#title should also work with the #title snippet from
Site.LocalTemlates or from Site.PageListTemplates unless your browsed page
contains an anchor [[#title]].

And no, $SearchPatterns doesn't restrict the source pages for template
snippets.

I enabled your $SearchPatterns setting for the group you created:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/XESTest

and the fmt=#title parameter seems to work fine.

Petko