[pmwiki-users] Added meta tags and schema.org microdata injection into pages

V.Krishn vkrishn4 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 06:34:21 CDT 2011

On Saturday, October 01, 2011 02:52:07 PM you wrote:
> On 10/1/11, V.Krishn <vkrishn4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 01, 2011 10:36:40 AM Carlos AB wrote:
> >> Pehaps just using a markup for each html meta entry or one markup that
> >> covers all options in one markup.
> >>
> >> (:facebookmeta name=??? description=??? image=??? :)
> >
> > Perhaps
> >
> > (:extrameta facebook name=??? description=??? image=??? :)
> > (:extrameta googleplus name=??? description=??? image=??? :)
> > OR
> > (:meta facebook name=??? description=??? image=??? :)
> >
> > meta - directive namespace
> > facebook - scope
> >
> > This would leave possibility for any future addition using same
> > namespace(extrameta/meta) and making the tag easy to remember.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > V.Krishn
>
> That could work too, but the thing is that you will have to write
> extra code for each scope, like a recipe for the recipe, so I believe
> it is more pratical/easy to have the directive-namespace+scope to form
> a single recipe, that does just one thing.
>
> But it is not so diffcult to do your way too.
>
> Regards,
>
> CarlosAB

It would require more code if done in class or writing seperate api's to
unifiy the directive.
But a simple approach would be:
Having an array populated from the directives, like:
$HTMLHeaderFmt['meta']['facebook']
Thus future recipes would just follow the convention of using:
$HTMLHeaderFmt['meta']['googleplus']

The benefit from this would be easy query/manipulate from within future
recipes which may want to check metas being pushed into the template.

--
Regards.
V.Krishn