[pmwiki-users] Whither simple, dependable PmWiki login/self-registering mechanism?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 17:05:58 CDT 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011, 9:30:47 PM, Peter Bowers wrote:

> I believe UserAdmin is an excellent start and probably has most of the
> functionality already needed.  Unless someone is planning on really
> putting a lot of time into it then it just makes sense to "stand on
> the shoulders" of Eemeli with the work he's done.
> There's not a lot of further
> investigation that needs to be done, although if someone wanted to do
> some testing on UserAdmin and provide that feedback via the talk-page
> that would be helpful.

Peter, I did not realise how much has been achieved since I
raised a similar question about  a robust self-registration system
over a year (?) ago! I just installed UserAdmin on a test wiki
and all seems to work just fine (using SiteAdmin.AuthUser to
store user details).

So I wonder what needs to be done apart from testing in various
environments?
What stops the recipe status to be declared beta?
Can the cookbook page be updated, since modifying scripts/authuser.php
is no longer required since pmwiki 2.2.17?

I am impressed, and think this recipe needs to florish, and gets
everybody's support, and as much core support as possible!

  ~Hans