[pmwiki-users] How to block RecentChanges pages from the search results

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Apr 27 04:35:33 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 27 April 2011 06:33:19, pmWiki wrote :
> The pmWiki works OK on by web site but I would like to block the
> RecentChanges pages from showing up in the search results. Is this
> possible? Below is my search code from my web site. Maybe there is a way
> to create a list of individual page that will not show up in the search
> results?  Please show me how to do this.  Thank you.

Hello. You can set add to config.php such a line:

  $MakePageListOpt['list'] = 'normal';

PmWiki searches and pagesists can be limited to groups or pages with the
search parameter "list=something" where "something" is a defined list of
pages. The "default" list is not limited, but the "normal" list excludes
RecentChanges, GroupFooters and similar pages. The line that I gave you will
cause PmWiki to use the "normal" list as default. If you want more control,
see the documentation for $SearchPatterns :

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SearchPatterns

Petko