[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri May 21 06:15:52 CDT 2010

On 21 May 2010 13:29, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we should add a PITS entry and vote for it to gauge its popularity
> and define a short key feature set?

Honestly, I see the bigger problem with this as finding the person or
persons to write the code. Who's going to do it? I at least could
participate, but I think this needs to be a team effort for it to make
sense.

One challenge that I can think of straight away is that the current
AuthUser data format doesn't easily support the additional data fields
you'll need if you start adding new information, such as an e-mail
address for password resets or the confirmation code to match an
e-mail address verification link.

As a solution, I'd propose moving the data from SiteAdmin.AuthUser to
individual profile pages as page attributes which wouldn't be directly
accessible, much like the read/editt/attr passwords already are. But
again, this needs discussion -- which could well be done in PITS.

eemeli