[pmwiki-users] PHP 5.3 auth issues [was: Reinstall]

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Oct 23 15:45:51 CDT 2009

paul badger wrote:
> Rogutòs
>

> No joy for clean install.
> I did use my config.php file from other, but edited it. There are no
> cookbook lines in it, but it doesn't mean I didn't screw something else
> up. I can send you the file if you want.
>
> I've been over security docs and suggestions for last hour or so - don't
> know if I really understand it yet but getting there
>
> On authuser  it says:
>
> "This site appears to have the authuser extensions enabled. "
> So that part is not broken.
>
> After I set a name and password there, such as
>
> paul: (:encrypt myPassword:)
>
> should I be able to edit the homepage with this login?
> Or do I have to set group permissions or somewhere?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> paul

You need give the user Paul permission to do things. The easiest way to
give him a lot of permissions at once is through config.php. You replace
the encrypted passwords in the file with id:Paul. (Fine print: haven't
done it in a while, best check the AuthUser documentation to be sure.)

Search config.php for the word "pass" to make sure you got everything.
Not all the passwords are together.

Sandy