[pmwiki-users] PHP 5.3 auth issues [was: Reinstall]

paul badger pbadger at verizon.net
Mon Oct 5 10:45:49 CDT 2009

I think I may have spoken too soon on this - It
seems that I was using two numerals for a login,
which appear to be dissallowed.

Paul

Rogutòs

No joy for clean install.
I did use my config.php file from other, but
edited it. There are no cookbook lines in it, but
it doesn't mean I didn't screw something else up.
I can send you the file if you want.

I've been over security docs and suggestions for
last hour or so - don't know if I really
understand it yet but getting there

On authuser  it says:

"This site appears to have the authuser extensions enabled. "
So that part is not broken.

After I set a name and password there, such as

paul: (:encrypt myPassword:)

should I be able to edit the homepage with this login?
Or do I have to set group permissions or somewhere?

Thanks for your help,

paul