[pmwiki-users] FoxSetPW target issue

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon May 25 04:30:45 CDT 2009

Sunday, May 24, 2009, 10:12:35 PM, Jim Beuerle wrote:

> The problem comes when $fields['target'] is used in the FoxSetPW function. The {$$name2}
>  and {$$name1} are not evaluated from the form. The final result is another page named
>  Theadmin-Name2-Name1 with the correct EDIT id set.

I assume FoxSetPW is called as  a Fox filter function.
Fox processes any filter functions early, before variable substitutions.
So in order to do field variable substitutions before, you nned to modify
the filter function and add a line like this early in the function:

FoxInputVarReplace($pagename, $fx);

This assumes the filter function is using $pagename and $fx as variable
names, otherwise change the names.

The result would be that function FoxInputVarReplace is called twice,
but that should do no harm.

Hope this helps!

  ~Hans