[pmwiki-users] Markup Question

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon May 4 04:12:07 CDT 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 09:38:49 Dave Brockman wrote:
> only pages in CommentPages and three other groups can be edited by
> users. Pages from these groups are included on pages in the private
> group EpisodePages. I find now that my test image reappears when the
> CommentPages page is included on the EpisodePages page. Is there some
> way to prevent the "include" from restoring the image?

No.

> I did notice that
> this image is not a link to itself. Links to images from the user
> editable pages should be allowed. And, images, added by myself, are used
> in EpisodePages. Thanks, again, for your help.

In that case, you may just use the recipe URL approvals (and discard the
previous settings with CommentPages.php). Any posted link or image link will
be just displayed as non-clickable text until you approve it or delete it.
And this way, you can even allow "good" approved inline images in those
groups.

See :
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UrlApprovals

Note however that links are approved per-site. Once an external site is
approved, all links to pages and images on this site will be automatically
allowed and shown.

> I may be worrying about this too much. I have had no problems with users
> posting "bad" images.

Yes, in my experience, most people add comments in good faith.

Adding an edit password, even one written in clear text on the login form or
at the home page, tends to cut approximately 100.0% of all spam.

> And, no matter what can be done, I will still have
> to check every user addition. :-)

See also how to be immediately informed about any changes :
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TrackChanges

Petko