[pmwiki-users] Fixing the documentation

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Jul 12 10:30:48 CDT 2009

Hi, I brought this up previously, but can I get a final opinion on this
so that we can fix the documentation once and for all:

- Basically what wiki words are "special" and exempt from the normal
spacing rules?
- So far I have "PmWiki" for certain
- Possibles (based on context) are: "PageList", "WikiStyle" and "WikiTrail"

Can we please agree to a (short) list and then have these added as the
default exception list in the config file and then fix the documentation
so that they are listed correctly?

The reason this matters is that I am using a different on disk pattern
for filenames, and so while the default wiki doesn't care about the
different between [[PmWiki Philosophy]] and [[PmWikiPhilosphy]], my
system does and at present the docs are significantly broken because of
the inconsistent use of both

I just started dipping in here and there on the main PmWiki site, but
there are many inconsistencies and I would like to get a signoff on what
is "correct" before I change things further?

eg just looking at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationIndex
* [[Pagelist Variables]]
* [[PageList Templates]]
 [[Wiki Wiki Web]]  - differs from the front page
* [[Change log]] - (should this be [[Changelog]]?)
* [[AuthUser]]  - should this be [[Auth User]]?
* [[PerGroup customizations]]
* [[Custom wiki styles]] - elsewhere "WikiStyles" is quite common,
versus "Wiki Styles" here?
* [[PageDirectives]]
* [[InterMap]]

This is just that one page

Patrick - can you please give an official opinion on the exceptions and
I will work through the docs and try to fix everything?  I recommend
that these are then put in as the default "don't space" config param

Thanks

Ed W