[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 05:39:04 CST 2009

2009/1/28 Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>:
> One simple implementation for listing "I use this recipe"
> (implied: "and it  works for me") could be to add to the cookbook
> recipe info section an entry (PTV) of 'Users:'
> and let users add their name or Profiles link name. This can just
> expand as a comma-separated list horizontally.

Seconding this suggestion. It's much easier (both mentally and in
terms of markup) to admit to using a recipe rather than expressing an
actual opinion on it.

I still think that a way to rate or endorse a recipe is also needed,
but this'd help a long way just by itself.

I also like the proposed markup, ie.:

Users: [[~Eemeli Aro]], [[~Hans]], Bob the Profile-less, etc.

Which could easily be prettified in the output with something like the
following:

Markup( '^Users:', 'block', '/^Users:(.*)$/',
  "<:block,1><h2>Users</h2><p class='indent'>$1</p>" );

eemeli