[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Fri Jan 16 11:46:59 CST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:27:47 -0600
"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm not at all opposed to providing pre-packaged downloads,
> where select recipes are included as part of the bundle.
> However, part of the issue is figuring out where to put them --
> if we keep them in "cookbook/", a PmWiki upgrade or downgrade
> runs the risk of overwriting someone's (upgraded/modified)
> cookbook recipe unexpectedly.
>
> If we solve that, then we could community-wide select recipes
> that are worthy of inclusion in the distribution.

Why don't you address the 2 biggest ones [according to me]
1. A "recommended" blog package additions
2. A "recommended" authorization/password

I don't mean or intend to say that the other are deprecated, wrong,
useless. Just say we recommend that way, but here are the other
alternatives. Whether they are  pre-packaged or as a webpage, this
would solve many problems that I have encountered.

Thanks for all the hard work on only to PM but the whole community
and this list.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com