[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 11:27:47 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 08:13:03AM -0800, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> I'd like to make a request / suggestion with the releases:
>
> Can we have a couple of popular/standard pre-packaged downloads. Such
> as a blog, graphics, authenticity...

I'm not at all opposed to providing pre-packaged downloads,
where select recipes are included as part of the bundle.
However, part of the issue is figuring out where to put them --
if we keep them in "cookbook/", a PmWiki upgrade or downgrade
runs the risk of overwriting someone's (upgraded/modified)
cookbook recipe unexpectedly.

If we solve that, then we could community-wide select recipes
that are worthy of inclusion in the distribution.

> You wouldn't even need to do that with the betas, just the releases.

I don't plan for there to be any more betas anytime soon.