[pmwiki-users] Bulk file uploads to PmWiki

Karl Schilke schilkek at onid.orst.edu
Thu Sep 11 12:43:21 CDT 2008

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see a good solution in the PmWiki
documentation...

I have a collection of ~750 scientific papers in .PDF format that I'd
like to upload to our PmWiki. As a user, I don't have write access to
the directory (wikiroot/files/Papers.Main/) in which I want to put the
files, so I can't just copy the PDF's into place. Is there an easy way
to upload 750 files into PmWiki?

Also, can I simply copy the files into place and write a page that
references the new attachments? Or is there some magic that has to be
done to notifiy PmWiki that the files are present and legitimate?

One other thing -- I'd like to make a Markup() rule to allow me to
easily cite/link to these papers. I imagine writing something like:

     While Davies and coworkers (1999; Papers:Davies1999.pdf) found that ...

The rule would rewrite the phrase 'Papers:Davies1999.pdf' to
'Attach:Papers.Main/Davies199.pdf', providing a link to the original
paper. I think something like this would work:

     Markup( "papers", "inline", "/Papers:(\w+\d\d\d\d\.pdf)/", \
                "Attach:Papers.Main/$1" );

Is "inline" the right place for this Markup?

Thanks very much for any help!

     -Karl "Rat" Schilke, Oregon State University

--
"Much of the difference between rodent and human intelligence can be
attributed to quantity, not quality." -Kevin Warwick