[pmwiki-users] legal questions

Swift, Chris Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu
Thu Sep 4 07:07:01 CDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm in the midst (still) of establishing my wikisite online and have a
few legal questions for everyone.

First, I want to establish a little web design company, probably in the
form of a LLC.  In doing so, I'm still looking for which state to
register (probably will be Tennessee due to choice for eventual
retirement).  Anyone have any recommendations for or against this (maybe
another state offers better protection)?

Secondly and most importantly, on my site people will be able to place
reviews of restaurants, attractions, hotels, etc.  So, my question to
you is what type of legal ramifications does it have on me (their
opinions)?  I would obviously remove any type of rude or inappropriate
behavior, but could a merchant try to sue me for hosting that type of
information?  Anyone have experience and/or information they could share
with me on this?

Thanks,

Chris
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/25671.html>